Початкова сторінка

Прадідівська слава

Українські пам’ятки

Будь гордий з того, що Ти є спадкоємцем боротьби за славу Володимирового тризуба

Богдан Хмельницький

?

Жегестів с

Належало до Мушинського деканату Перемиської єпархії.

За поділом 1999 р. – гміна Мушина, повіт Новий Сонч, Малопольське воєводство.

Zhegestiv [Ru] Zegiestow [Polish]

Nowy Sacz District, present day SE Poland

Lemko Surnames cited by Krasovs'kyj from 1787 Austrian Cadastral Records

Barna (5 families)

Burtyczak / Burtychak (2 families)

Wegryn / Wegrzyn / Vegryn (3 families)

Hnatkowicz / Hnatkovych (4 families)

Hoydycz / Hoydicz / Goydycz / Hojdych (2 families)

Hurciak / Hurtsjak [Hurczak / Churczak / Hurchak – village not clear in data]

Zeleznik / Zheliznyk (3 families)

Kowalski / Kovals'kyj

Kozub (3 families)

Krawec / Krawiec / Kravets'

Krynicki / Krynyts'kyj

Kucz / Kuch (3 families)

Lechmanik / Lekhmanyk (2 families)

Marczyniak / Marchynjak

Mentyk (4 families)

Mikulak / Mykuljak (2 families)

Miseczko / Misieczko / Misechko

Miszura / Mishura (2 families)

Miszczak / Mishchak (2 families)

Oryniak / Orynjak (3 families)

Popowicz / Popowyc / Popovych

Semaniak / Semieniak / Semanjak (6 families)

Syniawczak / Syniwczak / Synjavchak (3 families)

Taras

Tarasik / Tarasyk

Tymur

Troszczak / Troshchak

Czerwienczak / Chervinchak

Juhasik / Juhasyk

Parish Data: [from Blazejowskyj and Iwanusiw]

Church was «Saint Michael the Archangel» [1920] [still standing]

The curent masonry church was built on the site of the old wooden church dating to 1777. It has been used by Poles since 1946.

The village was founded in 1525 by the Bishop of Krakow. The church was designated as a chapel until 1856 when it was made a parish.

In 1785 the village lands comprised 14.84 sq km. There were 650 Greek Catholics 5 Roman Catholics and 0 Jews

1840 – 798 Greek Catholics

1859 – 798 Greek Catholics

1879 – 770 Greek Catholics

1899 – 795 Greek Catholics

1926 – 1220 Greek Catholics

1936 – 1020 Greek Catholics

The village was incorporated in to the Lemko Apostolic Administration in 1934

In 1936 there were 104 Roman Catholics and 13 Jews

Filial church was located in ZUBRYK 8 km away

Джерело: